RE: Emblems found at Queen's Park - Spem Successus Alit

    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 6 11:15 AM
      the list Address

      Clan Ross Association of Canada has emblem/armorial on this page
      http://www.greatclanross.org/cra~can3.html

      Stampin' Up Demonstrator: 1001886
      http://www.stampinup.com
      Call or Email for the next free sessions of "Scrapbooking 101"
      Phone: (403) 295-3490; Fax: (403) 274-0564
      August 12 & 15 we will be making gift coaster sets - call for futher
      information.

      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 6 11:48 AM
        the list Address

        a maple leaf in the middle with initials AW on the left side of the maple
        leaf and BA on the right side of the maple leaf." I believe it is a military
        insignia and I will email my friend who is a military historian to see if he
        can shed light on it.

        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 7 8:53 PM
          the list Address

          The maple leaf with AW on the left side and BA on the right side is an
          emblem on the marker for Joan Fletcher, 1921 - 1994. Her husband, Russell
          Fletcher, is mentioned on the same marker with the dates of 1923 and blank
          which indicate he has not yet passed away. The military General Service
          emblem is under his name. The inscription included "Married Nov. 17 1945 in
          London, England".

          It has been suggested that the above emblem (AW BA) may be Alberta War
          Brides Association.

          Lynda