phone numbers

  • Helen Backhouse
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 3 3:57 PM
      I think there is a way to make a blanket search for a family name using phone books for Canada. If I'm correct would someone please tell me how you do this.
      Helen Backhouse
    • Carol Lylyk
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 3 4:21 PM
        Hello Helen
        http://wp.netscape.com/netcenter/whitepages.html  This site will give you Canada wide search of a given surname.

        Carol Lylyk
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 3 4:25 PM
          Yup.  If you go to: http://www.mytelus.com/phonebook/index.vm, and enter the surname only, then "go" - you'llsee vfor instance that there are 42 Backhouse telephone listings for Canada.

          However, I'm not terribly certain that the tool works for all smaller communities.  You could count on the top 100 cities/towns being included though.

          I've used this, broken down by province and then made little maps to portray the distribution of Rempels in CAN/US and found it quite interesting.  See:  http://www.rempelfamily.ca/ and click on the CAN, USA links.

          In Kinship,
          Judith Rempel
          judith@...

          and