Re: Lost Friend/Strange Dissapearance

  • Donna Coulter
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 29, 2004
      the list Address

      I agree with you whole heartedly Frank.
      It is not really our mission to locate this kind of missing person.
      They could contact the police.
      DMC
      : Re: Lost Friend/Strange Dissapearance

      > > > Subject: Lost Friend/Strange Dissapearance
      > Has it occurred to anyone that perhaps this woman does not want to contact
      her family,
      > otherwise she would have done so.
      >

      > http://www.afhs.ab.ca
      >
      > http://www.family-roots.ca

      ---

    • Leslie
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 31, 2004
        the list Address

        Genealogy is a study of family and identification of ancestors and their
        pertinent information (birth, death, etc.). It is not a study of finding
        living persons, except if they are relatives and we approach this very
        carefully, as some people want to be private, even if they have nothing to
        hide. We respect this in our studies. To search for someone else who is
        living and not a family member and to contact them is WAY BEYOND THE SCOPE
        of genealogy. Again, once in a while, we do so, but VERY VERY VERY
        carefully. If I were you, I would be tempted to not get involved AT ALL
        unless you know this person. This could be a scam e-mail!!! It could also
        be a family domestic dispute or a search for your money or assets. Have you
        received pleas for help from Africa? I have lots.