Fwd: Lost Friend/Strange Dissapearance

  • Linda Holdaway
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 29, 2004
      the list Address

      Good Morning,

      I received this query and am wondering if anyone out there has some
      suggestions for this man. The only thing I can think of is to try
      Canada 411.
      It would be good to know how to tackle such a question for future
      reference.

      Many thanks for any suggestions you may have.

      Linda Holdaway

      Begin forwarded message:

    • Bill Boogaart
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 29, 2004
        the list Address

        I think he needs to have a look in the Toronto phone book.
        www.whitepages.ca lists a D. Cosio in Malton which, like Weston is part of
        greater Toronto. And the distance between those two towns is only 15
        kilometres.

        At 09:00 AM 7/29/2004 -0600, you wrote:
        >Please remember that your reply will go to everyone on the list and
        >the original sender so please stay on topic or ensure you delete
        >the list Address
        >
        >Good Morning,
        >
        >I received this query and am wondering if anyone out there has some
        >suggestions for this man. The only thing I can think of is to try Canada 411.
        >It would be good to know how to tackle such a question for future reference.
        >
        >Many thanks for any suggestions you may have.
        >
        >Linda Holdaway
        >
        >Begin forwarded message:
        >
        >>From: "Steve Gomez" <sgomez@...>
        >>Date: Wed Jul 28, 2004 7:00:33 AM Canada/Mountain
        >>To: <cemetery@...>
        >>Subject: Lost Friend/Strange Dissapearance
        >>
        >>Dear Sir or Madam,
        >>I am originally from Peru (South America).
        >>Yesterday, a good friend of mine contacted me. We did not communicate
        >>for a while.
        >>He needed to find out information about his sister, Doris Cosio.
        >>His family hast lost contact with her for more than three years.
        >>She used to live in Weston, Ontario the last time they communicated with her.

      • Gordon Lane
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 29, 2004
          the list Address

          The policy for searching for living people is stated on

          http://www.afhs.ab.ca/queries/index.html

          And extracted from that page:-

          The mission of AFHS is, in part, to assist and encourage others in family
          history research. If part of your request for family history research
          involves locating descendants of your ancestors, this may be done. However,
          no exchange of addresses will be made without the permission of all parties
          concerned. We will not undertake searches for adoptees, birth parents, or
          living folk. We will, however, advise you of other agencies or individuals
          who may be able to assist.

          It appears to negate itself as it says that we will locate descendants but
          not adoptees, birth parents or living folk.

          The Board will formalize a statement when we meet again to ensure that there
          is no ambiguity in the meaning of such a statement.

          In the meantime please ensure that if you answer such queries you do not do
          it in the name of the Alberta Family Histories Society.

          There could be serious ramifications in tracing someone who does not wish to
          have their whereabouts made known to people; and in the light of privacy
          laws we may be entering an area that we may not want to be in.

          There are professional people who do trace people and I would suggest that
          anyone asking for information as below be directed to such people. Queries
          can be posted to the dist-gen list without being sent to via our query
          volunteers being the originator so please do be cautious.

          Regards

          Gordon Lane
          Chairman
          Alberta Family Histories Society