NEWMARKET CEMETERY

  • Judith Rempel
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 23, 2004
      the list Address

      News and an offer from Ellen Kinghorn:

      I have the Newmarket Cemetery, Land Registry Office Records, York County
      Copybooks, Burial Records 1869-1901.

      I'd be glad to look up entries for folks. I had the entire book xeroxed, so
      have a hard copy. These records were pretty hard to come by. A friend did
      it for me...lots of hard work that I think should be shared.

      An example of an entry:
      No. 47, Atkinson, Jesse, 0 yrs, 11 mo, 0 days,
      Born: Holland Landing, Died: Holland Landing, 1853, Aug 9,
      Interred: Oct. 26, Cause of Death: summer complaint,
      Grave Lot 33, Range 34, Ground Property of BJ Davison,
      Medical Attendant: Morton, Officiating Minister: S. Ramsay,
      Parents: Atkinson, John C. & Jasel(?).
      (Some have maiden name of mother...but not a lot).

      Anyone interested in having Ellen do a look up for them can contact her at:
      scarpetti@...

      Cheers.

      In Kinship,
      Judith Rempel