Genealogical Research Library

  • Gordon Lane
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 17 12:41 PM
      This is a user pay system and as I have never used it I cannot recommend it one way or another. They publish index books that are available at the Downtown library

      Regards

      Gordon Lane
      Chairman
      Alberta Family Histories Society
      712-16th Ave NW,
      Calgary, AB, T2W 0J8

      chairman@...
      www.afhs.ab.ca
      (403)214-1447

      Birth - Civil Records 50,000 birth records indexed for Ontario (1869-1873)
      Marriage - Church Records 250.000 marriages indexed for Quebec (1608-1810)
      Marriage- Civil Records 2 million marriage records indexed 1869-1910 for Ontario
      Death - Civil Records 50,000 death records indexed 1920 for Ontario
      Other - Baptismal Records 350,000 baptisms indexed 1608-1810 for Quebec
      Other - Directories 250,000 records indexed in all provinces including Alaska & Nfld (1851-1915)
      Other - Land-Related Records 150,000 land records (property maps) indexed for Ontario; 50,000 land records for Quebec
      The geographic range of the project is (be as detailed as possible):
      Community: most communities in Canada, plus 100 year old maps online
      Province: every province and territory in Canada
      The Status of the Project is (choose one): Completed and Available at this web address: www.grl.com
      Who is the sponsor for this project (please answer all)?
      Name of Contact Person Noel Elliot (Director of Research)
      Name of organization/company (if applicable) The Genealogical Research Library
      Website homepage of organization is www.grl.com
      Other comments about this project? Includes all of the information formerly contained in the following reference books, plus 2 million new records: The Atlantic Canadians 1600-1900 (3 volumes), The Western Canadians 1600-1900 (3 volumes), The French Canadians 1600-1900 (3 volumes), The Central Canadians 1600-1900 (3 volumes).

      Noel Elliot, Director of Research
      The Genealogical Research Library
      direct line: 905-454-2652
      cell: 416 846 2652