FW: Enlisting help

  • Gordon Lane
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 17, 2004
      Anyone want to help please email them directly

      Regards

      Gordon Lane
      Chairman
      Alberta Family Histories Society
      712-16th Ave NW,
      Calgary, AB, T2W 0J8

      chairman@...
      www.afhs.ab.ca
      (403)214-1447

      From: bonnie@... [mailto:bonnie@...]
      Subject: Enlisting help

      Hello,

      My wife, Loretta, and I would like to enlist your help and knowledge of the PAF software.

      Loretta wrote a personal life history about her parents and we wanted to publish it on multimedia CD-ROM to send to family and friends.  We couldn’t find a software product on the market that did just what we wanted, so we wrote one ourselves, Family History CD.  It has been on the market for over a year.  The users of this software can use this product to design a nice front page that pops up automatically when the final CD is put into a computer, with buttons opening up different parts of their project.  It has slideshows, face labels, the ability to handle many types of files and documents including video and audio files, PDF files etc.

      Our customers have long been asking us to create an interface to PAF, to automatically import pictures, audio, and video files, as well as the PAF file itself, and retain all titles, descriptions, and dates associated with each.  This would give them the ability to create these CDs without having to import individual items and retype the associated data.

      We want to do this so it is most beneficial to those who use PAF.  We would like to invite anyone who is familiar with PAF and would like to participate to contact me at jon@... or check our website, www.familyhistorycd.com, for more information about the software.  This feature has already been done with Legacy Family Tree software.  You may download the trial version of our software on our website to see how this feature works and to get ideas on how to make it work best for PAF.

      Thank you for your help!

      Jon Shupe

      FHC North Ogden First Ward, North Ogden Utah Stake