Query???

  • Margo & Keith Debert
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 12, 2004

      Can someone tell me how to find the web site that has local community histories transcribed on the site? I know that there is one where you type in the surname you are looking for and it gives you all the page numbers that the name is mentioned on. I can’t seem to find it. Thank you.

                              Margo

    • Alan Muise-Benner
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 12, 2004
        I am presuming that you were looking for the one for the Alberta local
        histories? The website which you would need for this follows:
        http://www.ourfutureourpast.ca/home.htm
        There are a number of searchable links on this home page, and the one
        for the local histories is the first "tab" at the top of the page
        (centre area). From that page, you can enter a family surname in the
        "Search for a keyword" box, near the bottom of the page. Hope this is
        what you were looking for?

        Al

        Margo & Keith Debert wrote:

        > [Image]
        > Can someone tell me how to find the web site that has local community
        > histories transcribed on the site? I know that there is one where you
        > type in the surname you are looking for and it gives you all the page
        > numbers that the name is mentioned on. I can’t seem to find it. Thank
        > you.
        >
        > Margo

        http://www.afhs.ab.ca
      • Judith Rempel
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 12, 2004
          Al provided a good answer, but there are other sites as well.  See:

          http://www.afhs.ab.ca/aids/localhistory/index.html - which will point to the local libraries where local histories can be found, and link to online transcriptions such as those found on the Alberta GenWeb site.

          On the AFHS website, we also have a full transcription of one book <http://www.afhs.ab.ca/data/calg_industries/index.html (the names were published in the last Chinook), and an indexes to:

          To find such treats on our site - from the homepage, click on the DATA header or click on the CANADIAN GENEALOGICAL PROJECTS REGISTER for lots more resources.

          In Kinship,
          Judith Rempel
          judith@...

          and