Passing of Nancy Strickland

  • Lane, Gordon
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 12, 2004
      For those of you who remember Nancy I am sorry to say that she has passed on
      to join Roy

      STRICKLAND _ Nancy May (nee Adamson) 1932 - 2004 Nancy May Strickland (nee
      Adamson), beloved wife of the late Roy Strickland of Calgary, passed away
      peacefully at the Rosedale Hospice on Saturday, July 10, 2004 at the age of
      72 years. Nancy was born in 1932 in Winnipeg, MB and spent her early
      education years in Manitoba and Southern Ontario. She moved to Calgary in
      November 1940 where she attended McDougall and James Short Schools and
      Central High School. She attained her teaching degree at the University of
      Alberta (Edmonton) and taught in Calgary from 1951 to 1957. Nancy married
      Roy in 1956. She is survived by two daughters and a son-in-law, Patti and
      Kevin Brown and Deb Strickland and Phil Ferguson; a son Ken Strickland; and
      five grandchildren, Geoffrey, Stephanie, Jonathan, Karla, and Jessica, all
      of Calgary. She is also survived by a sister Jeanne Skeet of Calgary. Nancy
      was predeceased by her husband Roy in 2002, sister Audrey Askew in 2003, and
      granddaughter Victoria in 2000.
      Funeral Services will be held at McINNIS & HOLLOWAY'S Chapel of the Bells
      (2720 Centre Street North) on Thursday, July 15, 2004 at 2:30 p.m. To
      forward condolences go to www.mcinnisandholloway.com
      <http://www.mcinnisandholloway.com>.
      If friends so desire, memorial tributes may be made directly to the Alberta
      Cancer Foundation, c/o Tom Baker Cancer Centre, 1331 - 29 Street N.W.,
      Calgary, AB T2N 4N2 (Telephone 403-944-2433) or directly to the Rosedale
      Hospice, No. 900, 833 - 4 Avenue S.W., Calgary, AB T2P 3T5 (Telephone
      403-263-4525).
      The family wishes to thank Dr. Ken Cody, Dr. Scot Dowden, the staff at the
      Tom Baker Cancer Centre, and the staff at the Rosedale Hospice. In living
      memory of Nancy Strickland, a tree will be planted at Nose Creek Valley by
      McINNIS & HOLLOWAY FUNERAL HOMES, Chapel of the Bells, 2720 CENTRE STREET
      NORTH, CALGARY. Phone: 403-276-2296. 032509

      Please respond directly to Dist-gen and I ask that you ensure you remove my
      work email address from any replies

      thanks

      Gordon Lane, LCGI
      Chairman