1906 CENSUS

  • Judith Rempel
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 26, 2004
      Well, it's official - we've now transcribed over half of the records in the
      1906 Census of Canada (409,000 / 809,000). This is a credit to the
      participation of 90 volunteer transcribers. As of today, transcriptions of
      all districts and subdistricts of Alberta have be either placed on line as
      pdf files or we have transcribers committed. Roughly 88% of Alberta lines of
      data ARE transcribed.

      Have a great summer (the gardens beckon), but do think about planning to
      help with this project in fall. We definitiely need transcribers for the
      other half of the records, and we will need lots of proofreaders.

      In Kinship,
      Judith Rempel
      judith@...

      and

      1906@...
      1906 Census Transcription Centre
      http://www.afhs.ab.ca/data/census/1906/
      Alberta Family Histories Society

      What's new:
      http://www.afhs.ab.ca/data/census/1906/new.html#progress

      http://www.afhs.ab.ca
    • Donna Coulter
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 27, 2004
        Yep- I will and I wont wait till fall. I intend doing some for relaxation
        starting in July.

        How about that-- you put out a call just as I was about to drop you a note.
        Will let you know the territory I chose. Unless you have a specific area in
        mind.

        Donna M Coulter
        Box 1232 Nanton AB
        T0L 1R0

        Judith Rempel wrote---June 27th 2004

        > Well, it's official - we've now transcribed over half of the records in
        the
        > 1906 Census of Canada (409,000 / 809,000). This is a credit to the
        > participation of 90 volunteer transcribers. As of today, transcriptions
        of
        > all districts and subdistricts of Alberta have be either placed on line as
        > pdf files or we have transcribers committed. Roughly 88% of Alberta lines
        of
        > data ARE transcribed.

        ---

      • Dennis & Pat Morey
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 28, 2004
          Great work Judith!!! it will be very helpful..
          Pat Morey

          http://www.afhs.ab.ca
        • Lois Sparling
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 28, 2004