June Meeting

  • Adrienne Horne
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 5, 2004
      The next AFHS meeting is on June 7 at the First Christian Reformed Church (FCRC); 3818 14a St SW.

      Basics Session: 6:30pm
      Topic: Getting Ready for Summer Research Projects
      Kay Clarke
      Kay will help you prepare genealogy research projects.  She is going to be talking about some of the pitfalls and ways to make the experience of summer research more enjoyable.   So come and find out what to do in your summer beside gardening, golfing and other traditional pursuits.

      Kay has been researching her family's history for many (probably 30 +
      but only seriously for about the last 10) years.  She has the added problem
      of distance, as her father grew up in New Brunswick.  Kay has probably made all
      the mistakes in the book regarding things to do or not to do.

      Main Meeting: 7:15pm
      Topic: Volunteer Appreciation Night.
      SIG Representatives
      It is that time of year again to recognize the hard and continuous work our volunteers do to help make our society so successful.  In keeping with this theme, representatives from the various Special Interest Groups of the AFHS will be manning tables.  They will provide members information on what their group can offer in terms of research and computer support, as well as promoting future volunteer opportunities.  Please join us as we celebrate our volunteers.
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 6, 2004
        Is it possible to postpone the meeting for a week? Calgary Flames in the Stanley Cup finals is a very rare event. It should be a national holiday!

        Xenia

        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 6, 2004
          Message
          Hi Xenia,

          The June meting will go ahead as scheduled

          Regards

          Gordon Lane
          Chairman,
          Alberta Family Histories Society
          712-16th Ave NW.
          Calgary, AB, Canada
          T2M 0J8
          (403)214-1447

          AFHS Webster
          Editor Chinook

          AFHS Website: http://www.afhs.ab.ca

          Family website
          http://www.rumbolt.com

          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 7, 2004
            Message

            Sorry, but I’m going to be watching the Flames.

            Ken

              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 7, 2004
                Unfortunately I won't be at the meeting tonight. I was planning on it in spite of the Stanley Cup finals. I don't think I will see the game anyway as I am not feeling well. I felt fine this morning but that is no longer true this afternoon. For those interested in the Ukrainian, French or Metis SIG, ask them to email me or call me later on.

                For my customers - I will arrange to deliver your orders as soon as I can or you can pick them up. Give me a call at 295-3490 or email to age@... or president@.... I am very sorry to miss the meeting and hope to see you around during the summer - perhaps at the library.

                à bientôt,

                Stampin' Up Demonstrator: 1001886
                http://www.stampinup.com
                Call or Email for the next free sessions of "Scrapbooking 101"