Articles for Chinook

  • Gordon Lane
    Message 1 of 6 , May 23, 2004
      Hi everyone,

      I shall be on holidays in England (Mum and Dad's 60th wedding anniversary
      and I need to steal their telegram from the Queen for my records) for the
      last two weeks in August and would like to have the Chinook mostly completed
      before I go.

      I will only have 2 days when I get back to complete it before it has to go
      to the publishers for our September meeting. If you can send me any
      articles as early as possible it would be greatly appreciated.

      All articles are welcome - don't forget it's you who make the Chinook a
      great magazine to read. It goes out to 124 different societies and libraries
      in Canada and around the world. The "My Favorite Ancestors" section has had
      requests from individuals who read the magazine to have their copies mailed
      to them as they also had interests in that particular name.

      Regards

      Gordon Lane
      Chairman,
      Alberta Family Histories Society
      712-16th Ave NW.
      Calgary, AB, Canada
      T2M 0J8
      (403)214-1447

      AFHS Webster
      Editor Chinook

      AFHS Website: http://www.afhs.ab.ca

      Family website
      http://www.rumbolt.com

      http://www.afhs.ab.ca
    • Gordon Lane
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 19, 2004
        Looking for articles for the next Chinook.

        Tell us about your research from the summer, long lost ancestors, how-to
        tips, favorite ancestors, went to a reunion - family or town or group. New
        research methods or resources, favorite recipes. If you send photos can you
        please scan them at 300 dpi to give the best reproduction when printing

        Regards

        Gordon Lane
        Chairman
        Alberta Family Histories Society