Re: OGDEN...Alberta

  • E.Rodier
    Message 1 of 2 , May 15, 2004
      Found a 1956 map of Calgary with the Ogden "O" bus route and "B" Bowness
      marked. Other routes had numbers 1-22 and some are still the same numbers
      today. The #10 Manchester bus looped around at 58th Ave near the north end
      of Chinook Shopping Centre. The old 1956 route of Macleod Trail was renamed
      to Spiller Road between Union and Burnsland Cemeteries.

      The whole foldup Calgary map from Thorncliffe in the north to Ogden in the
      south is less than one letter size page in a 5x7 booklet issued by City
      Clerk's Office Oct 1956.

      Rodier children took the streetcar from Ogden to Ramsay School in 1913 but I
      don't have a 1920s map of Ogden in my collection. -- Elizabeth

      I'm looking for a map of OGDEN area, as my inlaws lived there in the 20's.

      http://www.afhs.ab.ca
    • Leslie
      Message 2 of 2 , May 15, 2004
        The Glenbow Museum has some old maps of Ogden circa 1820