RE: Free Scrapbook and Father's Day Card Workshops

    Message 1 of 6 , May 13, 2004
      Hi Bruce,

      At this time I am not demonstrating the scrapbook application in Family Tree
      Maker though I could at a later date. I am using the three days to showcase
      Stampin' Up products as I am now registered to sell these. Stampin' Up
      provides acid and lignin free products and reusable rubber stamps suitable
      for handmaking scrapbooks, cards, gift boxes, wrapping paper and more -
      including even home decor applications. In my free workshop I will also go
      through what I am calling "Scrapbooking 101" giving tips for preserving
      photographs and other memorabilia as well as how to lay out a scrapbook page
      to preserve the history (and people's names) behind the photos as well. The
      workshops include an explanation of the four elements of a scrapbook page
      and layout options.

      Any of the three times/dates have openings and all you need to bring is
      yourself and any others who may be interested! All materials are supplied to
      complete the three projects: a fun 6" x 6" brag book page, a fancy brag book
      6" x 6" page and a father's day or male's birthday card. I have stamps with
      various sayings that can be used but all will use the same cardstock, ink
      colours and designs. Also the scrapbook pages will be done with the same
      paper, ink colours and design. I have designed the three items you can make
      and take home so that you learn different techniques using different
      products - e.g. using stamps and ink; and stamps and pastels.

      Hope you are still interested. I still have room in all three sessions. So
      let me know which one suits you best of the following three dates/times:

      Saturday May 15, 2-4 p.m.
      Sunday May 16, 2-4 p.m. (if you are Flames fan the time may not be suitable
      depending upon when the game starts)
      Monday May 17, 6-8 p.m.

      Let me know at least a day in advance if you are attending and how many
      guests you are bringing as I will need to ensure I have the right number of
      kits to hand out and that I have enough refreshments! Also I will need to
      give driving/parking instructions and ensure you know which unit houses the
      community centre where the workshops will be held.

      Again these workshops are free with no obligation to purchase and no high
      pressure tactics. My purpose is to share my love of scrapbooking and these
      products. They are an additional way to do scrapbooking and in no way
      detracts from the Creative Memories represented by Irene Oikle. I use both
      stickers and stamps in my scrapbooks.

      Xenia Stanford

      Message 2 of 6 , May 14, 2004
        Message 3 of 6 , May 14, 2004
          Thanks Bruce for the best wishes and kudo: Success to you on your venture
          into ways and means - you offer help to a lot of us.

          For any still interested there is room in any of the three sessions.

          Saturday May 15, 2-4 p.m.
          Sunday May 16, 2-4 p.m.
          Monday May 17, 6-8 p.m.

          Xenia Stanford (president@...)
          Phone: (403) 295-3490; Fax: (403) 274-0564
          Call to find out the next free sessions of "Scrapbooking 101"
          May is Scrapbooking month!

          http://www.afhs.ab.ca
        • Rene Dussome
          Message 4 of 6 , May 15, 2004
            Dear Xenia:

            Please register me for the Sunday afternoon session.

            I shall look forward to receiving instructions how to get there.

            Thank you.

            Rene Dussome