Re: Alberta Archives

  • Ian Holmes
    Message 1 of 4 , May 13, 2004
      Hi,

      It isn't clear from Gordon's message whether it refers to the PAA
      (Provincial Archives of Alberta) or the scores of other archives which
      are scattered throughout the province.

      As indicated by Beverley Rees, Norma Wolowyk and others at the Alberta
      Genealogical Society are familiar with the materials at the NEW PAA and
      gave a session at our recent AGS conference.

      For the more general "researching in Alberta Archives" the researcher
      may wish to contact the Archives Society of Alberta at:

      http://www.archivesalberta.org/general/contact.htm

      Michael Gourlie was previously the Executive Director at ASA but I see
      he is now listed as a "contractor".

      Ian Holmes