Re: Free Scrapbook and Father's Day Card Workshops

  • mckenziebg
    Message 1 of 6 , May 13, 2004
      From: "Xenia Stanford" <president@...>
      To: "List AFHS" <dist-gen@...>
      Sent: 10 May, 2004 8:30 AM
      Subject: Free Scrapbook and Father's Day Card Workshops

      Hi Xenia, You wrote in part:

      > Since our full page ad will not be in the Chinook until after the
      following
      > workshops and special pricing are over, I hope it is OK to let everyone
      know
      > about these events through this list.
      >
      > First there is a choice of three free scrapbooking workshops for the
      > following days:
      >
      > . Saturday May 15, 2004 / 2-4 p.m.
      > . Sunday May 16, 2004 / 2-4 p.m.
      > . Monday May 17, 2004 / 6-8 p.m.
      >
      > All three events will be held at the Sandpoint Park Condominium Community
      > Centre but we must receive R.S.V.P. for all attendees by May 13 at the
      > latest so that sufficient materials and refreshments will be available.
      > Address details and driving/parking information will be supplied upon
      > receipt of R.S.V.P.
      >
      > At these workshops you will learn the 4 basic elements of a scrapbook
      page.

      I am assuming these sessions have electronic application such as "Scrapbook"
      in Family Tree Maker.

      Depending on people who have already booked time for your demo's on
      scrapbooks et al, I could make any of your posted times to attend. Put me
      down for any one of them, as may best fit your number balance at this late
      date.

      Please confirm which session and what to bring.

      Bruce McKenzie

      Message 2 of 6 , May 13, 2004
        Hi Bruce,

        At this time I am not demonstrating the scrapbook application in Family Tree
        Maker though I could at a later date. I am using the three days to showcase
        Stampin' Up products as I am now registered to sell these. Stampin' Up
        provides acid and lignin free products and reusable rubber stamps suitable
        for handmaking scrapbooks, cards, gift boxes, wrapping paper and more -
        including even home decor applications. In my free workshop I will also go
        through what I am calling "Scrapbooking 101" giving tips for preserving
        photographs and other memorabilia as well as how to lay out a scrapbook page
        to preserve the history (and people's names) behind the photos as well. The
        workshops include an explanation of the four elements of a scrapbook page
        and layout options.

        Any of the three times/dates have openings and all you need to bring is
        yourself and any others who may be interested! All materials are supplied to
        complete the three projects: a fun 6" x 6" brag book page, a fancy brag book
        6" x 6" page and a father's day or male's birthday card. I have stamps with
        various sayings that can be used but all will use the same cardstock, ink
        colours and designs. Also the scrapbook pages will be done with the same
        paper, ink colours and design. I have designed the three items you can make
        and take home so that you learn different techniques using different
        products - e.g. using stamps and ink; and stamps and pastels.

        Hope you are still interested. I still have room in all three sessions. So
        let me know which one suits you best of the following three dates/times:

        Saturday May 15, 2-4 p.m.
        Sunday May 16, 2-4 p.m. (if you are Flames fan the time may not be suitable
        depending upon when the game starts)
        Monday May 17, 6-8 p.m.

        Let me know at least a day in advance if you are attending and how many
        guests you are bringing as I will need to ensure I have the right number of
        kits to hand out and that I have enough refreshments! Also I will need to
        give driving/parking instructions and ensure you know which unit houses the
        community centre where the workshops will be held.

        Again these workshops are free with no obligation to purchase and no high
        pressure tactics. My purpose is to share my love of scrapbooking and these
        products. They are an additional way to do scrapbooking and in no way
        detracts from the Creative Memories represented by Irene Oikle. I use both
        stickers and stamps in my scrapbooks.

        Xenia Stanford

        Message 3 of 6 , May 14, 2004
          Message 4 of 6 , May 14, 2004
            Thanks Bruce for the best wishes and kudo: Success to you on your venture
            into ways and means - you offer help to a lot of us.

            For any still interested there is room in any of the three sessions.

            Saturday May 15, 2-4 p.m.
            Sunday May 16, 2-4 p.m.
            Monday May 17, 6-8 p.m.

            Xenia Stanford (president@...)
            Phone: (403) 295-3490; Fax: (403) 274-0564
            Call to find out the next free sessions of "Scrapbooking 101"
            May is Scrapbooking month!

            http://www.afhs.ab.ca
          • Rene Dussome
            Message 5 of 6 , May 15, 2004
              Dear Xenia:

              Please register me for the Sunday afternoon session.

              I shall look forward to receiving instructions how to get there.

              Thank you.

              Rene Dussome