Re: Alberta Archives

  • Ancestor Find
    Message 1 of 4 , May 13, 2004
      Gordon, about researching in the Alberta Archives - I have the 13 page
      handout that was in the syllabus from the recent AGS held in Edmonton. I
      know the lady who gave the lecture (Norma Wolowyk) so direct the researcher
      my way. I can photocopy the handout and send it on to him if it will be
      useful.

      Sincerely,

      Beverley A. Rees, genealogist
      Ancestor Find
      http://www.familyhistree.com

      http://www.afhs.ab.ca
    • Ian Holmes
      Message 2 of 4 , May 13, 2004
        Hi,

        It isn't clear from Gordon's message whether it refers to the PAA
        (Provincial Archives of Alberta) or the scores of other archives which
        are scattered throughout the province.

        As indicated by Beverley Rees, Norma Wolowyk and others at the Alberta
        Genealogical Society are familiar with the materials at the NEW PAA and
        gave a session at our recent AGS conference.

        For the more general "researching in Alberta Archives" the researcher
        may wish to contact the Archives Society of Alberta at:

        http://www.archivesalberta.org/general/contact.htm

        Michael Gourlie was previously the Executive Director at ASA but I see
        he is now listed as a "contractor".

        Ian Holmes