Alberta Archives

  • Gordon Lane
    Message 1 of 4 , May 12, 2004
      Hi everyone,

      I need someone to answer some questions for a University researcher on
      researching in Alberta Archives. Only a series of six question that the
      researcher will either phone about or communicate by email

      Regards

      Gordon Lane
      Chairman,
      Alberta Family Histories Society
      712-16th Ave NW.
      Calgary, AB, Canada
      T2M 0J8
      (403)214-1447

      AFHS Webster
      Editor Chinook

      AFHS Website: http://www.afhs.ab.ca

      Family website
      http://www.rumbolt.com

      http://www.afhs.ab.ca
    • Ancestor Find
      Message 2 of 4 , May 13, 2004
        Gordon, about researching in the Alberta Archives - I have the 13 page
        handout that was in the syllabus from the recent AGS held in Edmonton. I
        know the lady who gave the lecture (Norma Wolowyk) so direct the researcher
        my way. I can photocopy the handout and send it on to him if it will be
        useful.

        Sincerely,

        Beverley A. Rees, genealogist
        Ancestor Find
        http://www.familyhistree.com

        http://www.afhs.ab.ca
      • Ian Holmes
        Message 3 of 4 , May 13, 2004
          Hi,

          It isn't clear from Gordon's message whether it refers to the PAA
          (Provincial Archives of Alberta) or the scores of other archives which
          are scattered throughout the province.

          As indicated by Beverley Rees, Norma Wolowyk and others at the Alberta
          Genealogical Society are familiar with the materials at the NEW PAA and
          gave a session at our recent AGS conference.

          For the more general "researching in Alberta Archives" the researcher
          may wish to contact the Archives Society of Alberta at:

          http://www.archivesalberta.org/general/contact.htm

          Michael Gourlie was previously the Executive Director at ASA but I see
          he is now listed as a "contractor".

          Ian Holmes