Re: family reunion

  • E.Rodier
    Message 1 of 3 , May 11, 2004
      Carole,
      Family Tree Maker group sheet has a Questionnaire form. Personally I had the
      best success with mailing FTM Outlines that allow multiples of up to 50
      items leaving a space between individuals. Asked for information that people
      were "willing to share for the family history" rather than specific places
      and dates.

      One sent a resume and two others sent business cards for family businesses.
      Non-researchers may need to "see" a family report for a familiar group such
      as their grandparents as an example.

      If any people attending the reunion are single parents or unmarried couples,
      there are some considerations for genealogy software used. Family Tree Maker
      allows children to be attached to single parents in wall charts. --
      Elizabeth

      > Hi - I was wondering if any of you could help me. Friends of mine are
      > hosting a "mini" family reunion this summer and realized that this would
      > be a good time to gather some geneaology information. They were asking
      > if I know of any forms they could give to their family to collect
      > information - more than just group sheets for collecting places and
      > dates. Any suggestions?

      http://www.afhs.ab.ca
    • Bill Mumford
      Message 2 of 3 , May 11, 2004
        > Hi - I was wondering if any of you could help me. Friends of mine are
        > hosting a "mini" family reunion this summer and realized that this would
        > be a good time to gather some geneaology information. They were asking
        > if I know of any forms they could give to their family to collect
        > information - more than just group sheets for collecting places and
        > dates. Any suggestions?

        Check out www.familyreunion.com

        Cheers

        Bill