family reunion

  • Carole May
    Message 1 of 3 , May 10, 2004
      Hi - I was wondering if any of you could help me. Friends of mine are
      hosting a "mini" family reunion this summer and realized that this would
      be a good time to gather some geneaology information. They were asking
      if I know of any forms they could give to their family to collect
      information - more than just group sheets for collecting places and
      dates. Any suggestions?

      Thanks.

      Carole May

      http://www.afhs.ab.ca
    • E.Rodier
      Message 2 of 3 , May 11, 2004
        Carole,
        Family Tree Maker group sheet has a Questionnaire form. Personally I had the
        best success with mailing FTM Outlines that allow multiples of up to 50
        items leaving a space between individuals. Asked for information that people
        were "willing to share for the family history" rather than specific places
        and dates.

        One sent a resume and two others sent business cards for family businesses.
        Non-researchers may need to "see" a family report for a familiar group such
        as their grandparents as an example.

        If any people attending the reunion are single parents or unmarried couples,
        there are some considerations for genealogy software used. Family Tree Maker
        allows children to be attached to single parents in wall charts. --
        Elizabeth

        > Hi - I was wondering if any of you could help me. Friends of mine are
        > hosting a "mini" family reunion this summer and realized that this would
        > be a good time to gather some geneaology information. They were asking
        > if I know of any forms they could give to their family to collect
        > information - more than just group sheets for collecting places and
        > dates. Any suggestions?

        http://www.afhs.ab.ca
      • Bill Mumford
        Message 3 of 3 , May 11, 2004
          > Hi - I was wondering if any of you could help me. Friends of mine are
          > hosting a "mini" family reunion this summer and realized that this would
          > be a good time to gather some geneaology information. They were asking
          > if I know of any forms they could give to their family to collect
          > information - more than just group sheets for collecting places and
          > dates. Any suggestions?

          Check out www.familyreunion.com

          Cheers

          Bill