Free Scrapbook and Father's Day Card Workshops

    Message 1 of 6 , May 10, 2004
      Since our full page ad will not be in the Chinook until after the following
      workshops and special pricing are over, I hope it is OK to let everyone know
      about these events through this list.

      First there is a choice of three free scrapbooking workshops for the
      following days:

      . Saturday May 15, 2004 / 2-4 p.m.
      . Sunday May 16, 2004 / 2-4 p.m.
      . Monday May 17, 2004 / 6-8 p.m.

      All three events will be held at the Sandpoint Park Condominium Community
      Centre but we must receive R.S.V.P. for all attendees by May 13 at the
      latest so that sufficient materials and refreshments will be available.
      Address details and driving/parking information will be supplied upon
      receipt of R.S.V.P.

      At these workshops you will learn the 4 basic elements of a scrapbook page
      and various techniques to produce well-made, interesting and archival
      quality scrapbook pages. In addition you will be able to practice some of
      these techniques while you make to take home 2 pages suitable for a 6 x 6
      in. brag book and a Father's Day card (may be changed to birthday greeting).
      You will be able to use the appropriate paper, pastels, inks, stamp pads and
      stamps at no cost to you.

      Stampin' Up papers, inks and accessories are archivally safe and come in 48
      coordinating colours with reusable stamps. These products can also be used
      to create cards, gifts, gift boxes and more!

      Second - we are offering free shipping & handling on orders placed up to and
      including May 18, 2004 (this is equivalent to a 10% discount).

      Third - we are offering you a chance to enter the draw for our Grand Prize
      of $100 in Stampin' Up products of your choice from among those available in
      current catalogues and/or as promotional items. Ways to qualify for entries
      are as follows:

      1. Attend one of the free Stampin' Up workshops listed above (R.S.V.P. to
      attend - if you do not attend, the entry for the event will be withdrawn)
      2. Host your own workshop (you provide refreshments and invite guests;
      demo and materials for make & take projects are provided free by A.G.E.
      Each guest receives an entry and hostess receives number of entry forms
      depending upon number of guests and amount of order in addition to her own
      entry)
      3. Place an order - Each $25 in product ordered (before shipping &
      handling and GST are added) will earn one entry (e.g. $100 order = 4
      entries)
      4. Talk to us about becoming a Stampin' Up demonstrator*
      5. Bring friends to a workshop or demo whether it is one of the above or
      your own - one additional entry per each friend (friends must be included
      in the R.S.V.P.)

      (N.B. all events and orders must be through A.G.E. with Xenia Stanford as
      demonstrator for entries to be eligible.) Submit entry forms in person at a
      meeting or workshop, by phone 295-3490, by fax 274-0564, email to
      age@... or mail to 325, 300-8120 Beddington Blvd. N.W. Calgary, AB
      T3K 2A8. All entries must reach us by closing 11:59 p.m. June 15, 2004. Draw
      will be held on June 16.

      Additional prizes and gifts will be awarded for the top order at each event,
      each person hosting a workshop and each person signing up as a demonstrator*
      during the period up to and including June 15, 2004. Prizes for the top
      order and for hosting will increase depending upon sales volume. Other door
      and spot prizes to be awarded. These are in addition to rewards offered by
      Stampin' Up to new demonstrators and hostesses.

      N.B.
      *To enjoy Stampin' Up workshops and products, there is no obligation to
      become a Stampin' Up demonstrator. If you do choose to become a demonstrator
      you will be able to receive discounts, rewards and earn an income -
      depending upon your sales volumes.

      Here is an entry form - if you wish one sent as an attachment so you can
      print and complete and forward to friends, let me know. (The attachment has
      2 entry forms to a page)

      A.G.E. Ancestree Genealogical Enterprises is pleased to introduce you to a
      new way of scrap booking - using Stampin' Up papers and accessories in 48
      coordinating colours with reusable stamps. Also create cards, gifts and
      more! (N.B. all events and orders must be through A.G.E. with Xenia Stanford
      as demonstrator for entries to be eligible)

      Entry and R.S.V.P. Form for Stampin' Up Draw Beginning May 2004

      Name: ____________________________________________________________

      Phone Number: _____________________ Best time to call: _______________

      Address: __________________________________________________________

      Town/City: ___________________ Province: __________ Postal Code:
      _______________

      Email: _________________________________

      Check or circle one of the following:
      1. R.S.V.P. To attend one workshop (only eligible once you attend but must
      R.S.V.P. by selecting one of the following:
      Saturday May 15, 2004 / 2-4 p.m.
      Sunday May 16, 2004 / 2-4 p.m.
      Monday May 17, 2004 / 6-8 p.m.2.

      2. Host a demo/workshop on date (MMDD)/time (must be held prior to or on
      June 15 to qualify)
      o 1st choice: _____________________________

      o 2nd choice: _____________________________

      3. Place an order $________ Amount ordered before S&H & GST

      4. Talk to me about becoming a Stampin' Up demonstrator

      5. Bring friends to an event ________ # of friends to attend

      (Incomplete forms - i.e. those not providing sufficient contact information
      to reach you in case you are the winner or where no valid choice is made -
      or withdrawal from an event once booked will render the entry for that item
      null and void. The responses will be held in confidence. Once the contest
      period is over, you can have your name withdrawn from our active list. If
      you do not remove your name from the list, we will use it only to notify you
      of upcoming events and promotions and to send out mini catalogues (usually
      one per quarter). The list will not be made available to anyone other than
      A.G.E. and Stampin' Up headquarters - as they mail out the mini catalogues
      directly to you.)

      Hope to hear from you soon!

      Xenia

      http://www.afhs.ab.ca
    • mckenziebg
      Message 2 of 6 , May 13, 2004
        > Since our full page ad will not be in the Chinook until after the
        following
        > workshops and special pricing are over, I hope it is OK to let everyone
        know
        > about these events through this list.
        >
        > First there is a choice of three free scrapbooking workshops for the
        > following days:
        >
        > . Saturday May 15, 2004 / 2-4 p.m.
        > . Sunday May 16, 2004 / 2-4 p.m.
        > . Monday May 17, 2004 / 6-8 p.m.
        >
        > All three events will be held at the Sandpoint Park Condominium Community
        > Centre but we must receive R.S.V.P. for all attendees by May 13 at the
        > latest so that sufficient materials and refreshments will be available.
        > Address details and driving/parking information will be supplied upon
        > receipt of R.S.V.P.
        >
        > At these workshops you will learn the 4 basic elements of a scrapbook
        page.

        I am assuming these sessions have electronic application such as "Scrapbook"
        in Family Tree Maker.

        Depending on people who have already booked time for your demo's on
        scrapbooks et al, I could make any of your posted times to attend. Put me
        down for any one of them, as may best fit your number balance at this late
        date.

        Please confirm which session and what to bring.

        Bruce McKenzie

        Message 3 of 6 , May 13, 2004
          Hi Bruce,

          At this time I am not demonstrating the scrapbook application in Family Tree
          Maker though I could at a later date. I am using the three days to showcase
          Stampin' Up products as I am now registered to sell these. Stampin' Up
          provides acid and lignin free products and reusable rubber stamps suitable
          for handmaking scrapbooks, cards, gift boxes, wrapping paper and more -
          including even home decor applications. In my free workshop I will also go
          through what I am calling "Scrapbooking 101" giving tips for preserving
          photographs and other memorabilia as well as how to lay out a scrapbook page
          to preserve the history (and people's names) behind the photos as well. The
          workshops include an explanation of the four elements of a scrapbook page
          and layout options.

          Any of the three times/dates have openings and all you need to bring is
          yourself and any others who may be interested! All materials are supplied to
          complete the three projects: a fun 6" x 6" brag book page, a fancy brag book
          6" x 6" page and a father's day or male's birthday card. I have stamps with
          various sayings that can be used but all will use the same cardstock, ink
          colours and designs. Also the scrapbook pages will be done with the same
          paper, ink colours and design. I have designed the three items you can make
          and take home so that you learn different techniques using different
          products - e.g. using stamps and ink; and stamps and pastels.

          Hope you are still interested. I still have room in all three sessions. So
          let me know which one suits you best of the following three dates/times:

          Saturday May 15, 2-4 p.m.
          Sunday May 16, 2-4 p.m. (if you are Flames fan the time may not be suitable
          depending upon when the game starts)
          Monday May 17, 6-8 p.m.

          Let me know at least a day in advance if you are attending and how many
          guests you are bringing as I will need to ensure I have the right number of
          kits to hand out and that I have enough refreshments! Also I will need to
          give driving/parking instructions and ensure you know which unit houses the
          community centre where the workshops will be held.

          Again these workshops are free with no obligation to purchase and no high
          pressure tactics. My purpose is to share my love of scrapbooking and these
          products. They are an additional way to do scrapbooking and in no way
          detracts from the Creative Memories represented by Irene Oikle. I use both
          stickers and stamps in my scrapbooks.

          Xenia Stanford

          Message 4 of 6 , May 14, 2004
            Message 5 of 6 , May 14, 2004
              Thanks Bruce for the best wishes and kudo: Success to you on your venture
              into ways and means - you offer help to a lot of us.

              For any still interested there is room in any of the three sessions.

              Saturday May 15, 2-4 p.m.
              Sunday May 16, 2-4 p.m.
              Monday May 17, 6-8 p.m.

              Xenia Stanford (president@...)
              Phone: (403) 295-3490; Fax: (403) 274-0564
              Call to find out the next free sessions of "Scrapbooking 101"
              May is Scrapbooking month!

              http://www.afhs.ab.ca
            • Rene Dussome
              Message 6 of 6 , May 15, 2004
                Dear Xenia:

                Please register me for the Sunday afternoon session.

                I shall look forward to receiving instructions how to get there.

                Thank you.

                Rene Dussome