Re: Acid free paper

  • Ancestor Find
    Message 1 of 5 , May 8, 2004
      Re: Costco "Acid-Free" paper - one must be careful that if you want
      archival quality it must also be "lignin" free. We are able to distribute
      archival safe items which are acid-free and lignin free that we get from the
      Edmonton Archives. The paper is in 500 sheet packages and sell for $9.50
      per package. We will have some at the AFHS meeting next month. We also
      have it on hand if anyone needs it at anytime.

      Sincerely,
      Beverley A. Rees, genealogist
      Ancestor Find
      http://www.familyhistree.com

      http://www.afhs.ab.ca
    • Bill Boogaart
      Message 2 of 5 , May 13, 2004
        I contacted Georgia Pacific about lignin in their paper and this was their
        reply:

        Thank you for emailing the Georgia-Pacific Consumer Response Center.
        Georgia-Pacific places tremendous importance on the opinions we receive
        from our consumers.

        Lignin is a natural substance found in wood. It can turn brown over time
        and deposits acids and peroxides on your photos. It is often found in
        newspapers or cardboard. Our papers are lignin-free as well as acid-free.

        At 09:02 PM 5/8/2004 -0600, you wrote:
        >Re: Costco "Acid-Free" paper - one must be careful that if you want
        >archival quality it must also be "lignin" free. We are able to distribute

        http://www.afhs.ab.ca
      • Leslie
        Message 3 of 5 , May 13, 2004
          Hi Bill,

          Georgia Pacific sounds like a BC firm. I live in Van - do you think we can
          get this good paper out here? I tried a web site, but found only lumber.

          Leslie