Acid free paper

  • Bill Boogaart
    Message 1 of 5 , May 8, 2004
      Costco is currently selling general purpose bond paper for use in printers,
      photocopiers, etc., that is labelled as "Acid Free." The paper is made by
      Georgia Pacific. The upside is that you can't beat the price. The downside
      for some is that you have to buy a case of it.

      http://www.afhs.ab.ca
    • Ancestor Find
      Message 2 of 5 , May 8, 2004
        Re: Costco "Acid-Free" paper - one must be careful that if you want
        archival quality it must also be "lignin" free. We are able to distribute
        archival safe items which are acid-free and lignin free that we get from the
        Edmonton Archives. The paper is in 500 sheet packages and sell for $9.50
        per package. We will have some at the AFHS meeting next month. We also
        have it on hand if anyone needs it at anytime.

        Sincerely,
        Beverley A. Rees, genealogist
        Ancestor Find
        http://www.familyhistree.com

        http://www.afhs.ab.ca
      • Bill Boogaart
        Message 3 of 5 , May 13, 2004
          I contacted Georgia Pacific about lignin in their paper and this was their
          reply:

          Thank you for emailing the Georgia-Pacific Consumer Response Center.
          Georgia-Pacific places tremendous importance on the opinions we receive
          from our consumers.

          Lignin is a natural substance found in wood. It can turn brown over time
          and deposits acids and peroxides on your photos. It is often found in
          newspapers or cardboard. Our papers are lignin-free as well as acid-free.

          At 09:02 PM 5/8/2004 -0600, you wrote:
          >Re: Costco "Acid-Free" paper - one must be careful that if you want
          >archival quality it must also be "lignin" free. We are able to distribute

          http://www.afhs.ab.ca
        • Leslie
          Message 4 of 5 , May 13, 2004
            Hi Bill,

            Georgia Pacific sounds like a BC firm. I live in Van - do you think we can
            get this good paper out here? I tried a web site, but found only lumber.

            Leslie