ENGLISH SIG: Tue May 11th

  • ANN WILLIAMS
    Message 1 of 5 , May 8 9:50 AM
      The last meeting of the English/Welsh SIG for the season is on Tuesday,
      May 11, 7 p.m. at the AFHS library. It'll be a general discussion of
      our English/Welsh families and research problems. We'll have some
      samples of post cards/greeting cards of yesteryear and some samples of
      English baking.

      Please bring along any cards that you have plus any baking and/or
      appetites to sample the baking.

      For further information contact Peggy Franko or Ann Williams.
      http://www.afhs.ab.ca
    • Bill Boogaart
      Message 2 of 5 , May 8 5:06 PM
        Costco is currently selling general purpose bond paper for use in printers,
        photocopiers, etc., that is labelled as "Acid Free." The paper is made by
        Georgia Pacific. The upside is that you can't beat the price. The downside
        for some is that you have to buy a case of it.

        http://www.afhs.ab.ca
      • Ancestor Find
        Message 3 of 5 , May 8 8:02 PM
          Re: Costco "Acid-Free" paper - one must be careful that if you want
          archival quality it must also be "lignin" free. We are able to distribute
          archival safe items which are acid-free and lignin free that we get from the
          Edmonton Archives. The paper is in 500 sheet packages and sell for $9.50
          per package. We will have some at the AFHS meeting next month. We also
          have it on hand if anyone needs it at anytime.

          Sincerely,
          Beverley A. Rees, genealogist
          Ancestor Find
          http://www.familyhistree.com

          http://www.afhs.ab.ca
        • Bill Boogaart
          Message 4 of 5 , May 13 1:51 PM
            I contacted Georgia Pacific about lignin in their paper and this was their
            reply:

            Thank you for emailing the Georgia-Pacific Consumer Response Center.
            Georgia-Pacific places tremendous importance on the opinions we receive
            from our consumers.

            Lignin is a natural substance found in wood. It can turn brown over time
            and deposits acids and peroxides on your photos. It is often found in
            newspapers or cardboard. Our papers are lignin-free as well as acid-free.

            At 09:02 PM 5/8/2004 -0600, you wrote:
            >Re: Costco "Acid-Free" paper - one must be careful that if you want
            >archival quality it must also be "lignin" free. We are able to distribute

            http://www.afhs.ab.ca
          • Leslie
            Message 5 of 5 , May 13 7:34 PM
              Hi Bill,

              Georgia Pacific sounds like a BC firm. I live in Van - do you think we can
              get this good paper out here? I tried a web site, but found only lumber.

              Leslie