FAMILY TREE MAKER USERS

  • Lynn Taylor
    Message 1 of 4 , May 7 6:33 PM
                                 PLEASE NOTE

             FAMILY TREE MAKER  SIGlet
                                  May Meeting
            scheduled for Sat, May 22nd in AFHS Library

                                IS    CANCELLED

      Many of our group will be out of town for this long
      weekend - and I am reluctant to try rescheduling for
      the next weekend in case our Flames were able to
      eat the Sharks!!

      We had an excellent meeting last month thanks to the
      exceptional presentation by Jim Benedict and his son.
      For those of you who missed this awesome use of an
      amazing collection of family history - you can at least
      access Jim's family website www.familyinsepia.com.
      Even though it is in the early stages and thus 'a work
      in progress' -- it demonstrates some really creative ideas
      for sharing via web site.

      For FTM Users or those considering the program,
      the library now has FTM software loaded on one of
      their computers, and there is a corresponding User's
      Manual (in a binder). Check with librarian.

      There is also a binder with copies of Handouts from
      past meetings, a binder with Sample FTM Reports
      and a binder with sample Book in Progress.

      Elizabeth Rodier is happy to respond to on-line questions
      or problems over the summer (use the link below). For
      general information, use the link for L Taylor.

      Apologies for the scheduling conflict.  Happy Mother's Day,
      Happy Victoria Day and Go Flames Go!

      See you in September.                Lynn Taylor

      Contacts:
      General information:                   L Taylor       LTaylor4@...
      Past handouts, on-line help:       E Rodier  cerear@...
    • Lynn Taylor
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 25, 2004
             From previous messages posted on this DistList
        you will be aware of the response generated by the
        offer of a Photoshop & Scanning Workshop.  You
        may also have noted that the most requested date has
        been for Nov 27th afternoon session.

            Since many from our FTM SIGlet were requesting
        this workshop, I contacted Andy Jaremko and he has
        agreed to hold a session on Nov 27th 9:30-12:30 for
        Family Tree Maker Users.  This will replace our normal
        Nov 27th FTM SIGlet meeting.

        This Nov 27th morning session is being offered to FTM
        SIG members until the Nov 1st Monthly Meeting, or until
        the limited (12) spots are taken.  Please use the link below
        to let Heather know if you would like this session.

        Opening up this time slot will allow more members the
        opportunity to take advantage of this workshop - and in
        turn this means an increase in the donation to AFHS.
        Hopefully this decision will be considered "win-win".

        Questions (or comments):
        Use this link to contact Lynn Taylor     LTaylor4@...

        To request registration:
        Use this link to contact Heather Jaremko    Hjaremko@...

        $25 cheque payable to "Supervideo Systems" can be mailed to:
        Heather Jaremko      945 Erin Woods Drive, SE    Calgary, AB  T2B-2X1

        Or you will be able to pay at the Monthly Meeting - Nov 1st
      • John Currie

          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 16, 2004

                    NO NOVEMBER MEETING
                 FOR FAMILY TREE MAKER SIGlet

            On the morning of  Nov 27th there will be a Photoshop &
            Scanning Workshop session replacing our normal FTM
            SIGlet meeting.
            For this particular session of the workshop -- preference was
            given to FTM SIG members until after the Nov 1st Monthly
            Meeting, or until the limited (12) spots were taken.  If you are
            interested in signing up for the workshop, please use the link
            below to check with Heather on availability.

            Opening up this time slot has allowed more members the
            opportunity to take advantage of this workshop - and
            since a portion of the fee will go to AFHS - it also means
            an increase in the donation to AFHS.   Hopefully this decision
            to replace our meeting with the workship will be considered "win-win".

            To request registration:
            Click on this link to contact Heather Jaremko    Hjaremko@...