Re: Warrant Officer Class II Lionel Howard Woodruff RCAF - R/149450 - died 5th February 1944 on active service

  • Eddie firth
    Message 1 of 4 , May 6, 2004
      Message
      As a member of the Aerospace Museum of Calgary, I should be able to provide an answer to this question by consulting the Memorial book "they shall grow old not".  I will report on my findings  in a few days
      Message 2 of 4 , May 6, 2004
        Message 3 of 4 , May 6, 2004
          Message
          Of interest to all-- there is a memorial wall being erected in Nanton naming 10,350 RCAF who died in WW11.
          The names will be etched into a black granite wall for the memorial that will be on the front lawn of the Lancaster Air Museum.

          I believe the names will be from the same book that Eddie Firth mentioned. They have an e-mail address but I haven't kept the new one. Perhaps Ed knows.

          Donna and Hal Coulter
          Message 4 of 4 , May 6, 2004
            Message
            The website for the Lancaster Museum in Nanton is:

            www.lancastermuseum.ca     it includes a Virtual Memorial which lists all the names. I only see a Richard John Woodruff 1942.

            Donna  and Hal Coulter