Re: Help!

  • Frank Morrow
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 16 3:06 PM
      Help requested from all you English researchers......................I am looking at 2 copies of English birth registrations & I see the wording "Within U.D", & "U.S.D." associated with addresses - Can anyone shed some light as to what  these signify?
      Both copies were supplied by Somerset House.
      Thx in advance.

    • Pat and Bill
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 16 3:19 PM
        Hello Frank,
        USD stands for Urban Sanitary District. UD is for Urban District. and RSD
        stands for Rural Sanitary District.
        Pat and Bill
        pat0bill@...