Celtic SIG - topic of broader interest

  • Lois Sparling
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 25 7:29 PM
      The next meeting of the Celtic SIG is Wednesday April 28 at 7 pm at the
      AFHS library. Our topic for discussion is our ancestors' occupations.
      Caroilyn Kelly will say a few words about millers. Velma Bayer has
      looked into farming for us. Irene will tell us about blacksmiths and I
      have done some research on weavers. No doubt others in attendance will
      have offerings as well. We can compare notes on common and uncommon
      ancestral careers. For example, I have an ancestor who was
      "Sarjeant-at-Mace" in Wales and my husband is descended from a Scottish
      mole catcher.

      Lois Sparling