the sequel - re: Family Tree Maker meeting

  • Lorna Laughton
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 22, 2004
      Message
      Sorry - I didn't mean to send this to dist-gen. However, now that I have your attention, I do want to remind those attending the FTM SIG and other meetings at the Library about the parking. We have parking behind the library, off the alley, but only for 3 cars in a row on the right hand side (facing the back of the building) of the 2-car-width space. AFHS cars parked there would be nearest the parking meters. The left side of that space belongs to the TV store next door, and they use that space, so please don't park there.

      And ... here is the commercial ... for the AFHS Library. The computer that I mentioned to Lynn (in the message that I didn't intend to go to all of dist-gen) is available for your use at the library. It is connected to the Internet  so you can go to various genealogy sites (but we don't have an Ancestry.com subscription). And .. we have some very interesting CDs that you can look at. I have put all the various "readers" on the computer, so I think that all the CDs will work. One new CD, Grenham's Irish Surnames, has an interesting method of finding the County and Parish location of Irish surnames (from Griffith's Valuation) and can show where 2 surnames show up in the same County and Parish. It's worth looking at even if your Irish ancestors emigrated earlier than the 1840s. And of course, we have our own AFHS Cemetery recordings CDs - including an "exclusive" - some early transcriptions in Calgary's Queen's Park Cemetery (might not be catalogued yet - ask the Library Volunteers).

      Lorna

    • Eileen McElroy
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 22, 2004
        FYI

        Milk River and area local history book "THE HILLS OF HOME"(Second Edition, 2003), hardcover, 846 pages, index, photographs, maps
        is available for $55.00 incl. GST if picked up at:

        The Western Stock Growers' Association
        #101, 2116-27 Ave NE, Calgary
        Ph: 250-9121
      • Lynn Taylor
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 8, 2004
          FAMILY TREE MAKER  SIGlet

          Saturday      September 25th    10:00 AM
                       in  the  AFHS  Library

                Discussion on FTM's new release will
                will follow our open Q and A session.

          If you have not yet been to the Library's new location
          you will find map and other helpful information by going
          to the AFHS website (www.afhs.ab.ca).

          Contacts:
          General information:                   L Taylor       LTaylor4@...
          Past handouts, on-line help:       E Rodier  cerear@...