Re: obits

  • Nancy Carson
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 19, 2004
      Larry - this isn't a suggestion for storage, but I do have a good tip for
      removal from those types of albums that works like a charm. Use a hair dryer
      to heat up the page, or at least the area over the piece you're trying to
      remove, then lift the piece off still using the hairdryer. (Sometimes if you
      wait long enough a picture will start lifting off by itself.) My
      brother-in-law did this for some of their pictures which astounded me
      because I of course managed to rip some of my own pictures that I tried
      removing from those albums! I've been doing it his way ever since, even for
      newspaper clippings. It's also quite quick once you get the hang of it.
      Nancy Carson

      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 5, 2005
        Hi,

        Is there an on-line source for recent obits (1975 - 2000) for the town of Brockville?

        Peter

        *****************************
        Peter Adams
        Calgary, Ab
      • Mary Arthur
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 5, 2005
          You don't say that you have checked anywhere else already, so I assume you have not emailed the local newspaper and asked them if they will look up for you?

          Their archives appear not to be online yet, so you could also ask if and when they will archive obits.

          On 5-Dec-05, at 12:30, Peter and Yvonne Adams wrote:

          Hi,

          Is there an on-line source for recent obits (1975 - 2000) for the town of Brockville?

          Peter

          Peter Adams
          Calgary, Ab

          Mary Arthur