Re: Computer SIG Meeting - 10 Apr 04

  • owner dist gen
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 11, 2004
      turns out it was more of a hype by a virus protection vendor than a
      real threat... but thanks.
      Mary Arthur

      "There is no such thing as bad weather, just inappropriate clothing."
      Billy Connoly
      On 11-Apr-04, at 09:03, Gord Hulbert wrote:

      > Hi all:
      >
      > For those of you that attended yesterdays Computer SIG meeting, the
      > URL to
      > go to for the PDF file of my talk on 'Basic Burning', can be found at
      > http://www.hulbert.ca/10Apr04/.
      >
      > Regards,
      >
      > Gord Hulbert
      > 403-240-4636
      >
      > "Add to your Genealogy the fun, easy way, have Grandchildren!"
      >
      > Gordon@...

    • Carol Lylyk
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 11, 2004
        Before the meeting yesterday I did not know that you were supposed to format CDs. They worked without doing that but
        after the meeting I came home, formatted a CD and now can save something directly from a program such as Word Perfect
        rather than having to save my work to My Documents, opening the CD burner program, hunting around for the document,
        entering it into the area to burn to the disk. Thanks Gordon for a very useful tip.

        Carol Lylyk

      • nugentdb@telusplanet.net
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 11, 2004
          Can anyone tell me whether there is a drop-off box/window for borrowed books
          from the 16 Av NW AFHS library, this weekend, for out-of-towners?Thanks.