Computer SIG Meeting - 10 Apr 04

  • Gord Hulbert
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 11, 2004
      Hi all:

      For those of you that attended yesterdays Computer SIG meeting, the URL to
      go to for the PDF file of my talk on 'Basic Burning', can be found at
      http://www.hulbert.ca/10Apr04/.

      Regards,

      Gord Hulbert
      403-240-4636

      "Add to your Genealogy the fun, easy way, have Grandchildren!"

      Gordon@...

      http://www.afhs.ab.ca
    • Gordon Lane
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 11, 2004
        And what was wrong with it going on the afhs site

        Regards

        Gordon Lane
        Vice Chair
        AFHS Webster
        Editor Chinook

        Family website
        http://www.rumbolt.com

      • owner dist gen
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 11, 2004
          turns out it was more of a hype by a virus protection vendor than a
          real threat... but thanks.
          Mary Arthur

          "There is no such thing as bad weather, just inappropriate clothing."
          Billy Connoly
          On 11-Apr-04, at 09:03, Gord Hulbert wrote:

          > Hi all:
          >
          > For those of you that attended yesterdays Computer SIG meeting, the
          > URL to
          > go to for the PDF file of my talk on 'Basic Burning', can be found at
          > http://www.hulbert.ca/10Apr04/.
          >
          > Regards,
          >
          > Gord Hulbert
          > 403-240-4636
          >
          > "Add to your Genealogy the fun, easy way, have Grandchildren!"
          >
          > Gordon@...

        • Carol Lylyk
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 11, 2004
            Before the meeting yesterday I did not know that you were supposed to format CDs. They worked without doing that but
            after the meeting I came home, formatted a CD and now can save something directly from a program such as Word Perfect
            rather than having to save my work to My Documents, opening the CD burner program, hunting around for the document,
            entering it into the area to burn to the disk. Thanks Gordon for a very useful tip.

            Carol Lylyk

          • nugentdb@telusplanet.net
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 11, 2004
              Can anyone tell me whether there is a drop-off box/window for borrowed books
              from the 16 Av NW AFHS library, this weekend, for out-of-towners?Thanks.