Re: Burials

  • Mertie Beatty
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 9, 2004
      I have looked at pictures of headstones taken of various of my ancestors
      and all have the husband on the left and the wife on the right (when you are
      facing the headstone). These pictures were taken at three Edmonton
      cemeteries and one rural one. In another instance at a rural cemetery, the
      wife was on the left and husband on the right. At Edenbrooke here in
      Calgary if you pre-order your marker, they put husband on the left and wife
      on the right. Does this help?

      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 9, 2004
        First I hear one on top of the other, now it's who slept where.....verrrrrry
        interesting!

        Someone else asked why I wanted to know, was I planning an exhumation!

        Love dist-gen replies!

        Lynda