Re: Burials

  • fmonk
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 9 10:19 AM
      The custom today for a double plot is not to bury side by side but to bury
      one above the other. Fred
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 9 4:18 PM
        I know of one couple that are buried on the side that they slept in their
        double bed. The man, who died last, said that as that had been good for so
        many years why change it?

        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 9 5:04 PM
          I have looked at pictures of headstones taken of various of my ancestors
          and all have the husband on the left and the wife on the right (when you are
          facing the headstone). These pictures were taken at three Edmonton
          cemeteries and one rural one. In another instance at a rural cemetery, the
          wife was on the left and husband on the right. At Edenbrooke here in
          Calgary if you pre-order your marker, they put husband on the left and wife
          on the right. Does this help?

        • lynda1alderman@telus.net
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 9 5:21 PM
            First I hear one on top of the other, now it's who slept where.....verrrrrry
            interesting!

            Someone else asked why I wanted to know, was I planning an exhumation!

            Love dist-gen replies!

            Lynda