Canadian Soldiers in the Boer War

  • Carol Lylyk
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 7 9:34 AM

      The National Archives/National Library have an online site to check Canadian soldiers who fought in the Boer War 1899-1902.  It appears that some of the attestation papers are viewable online as well.

      Carol Lylyk
    • E.Rodier
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 7 2:20 PM
        Thanks for the link Carol. Looked on the Glenbow web site for some names of
        Calgary area people who went to the Boer War. E. McNair was one of the names
        with images on the web site.

        Uncle Joe went from England to the Boer War and wrote his memoirs as part of
        a family history booklet in 1967. He went to India for a few years and then
        joined the family who had moved to Ontario in 1905. The miltary group lined
        the funeral route in Hyde park when Queen Victoria died in January. Rene
        helped me find Uncle Joe in the army camp west of London in the 1901
        census. -- Elizabeth

        http://www.afhs.ab.ca
      • lynda1alderman@telus.net
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 7 5:15 PM
          Thanks for this.  It might help with my Grandpa.