IE Update problem.

  • B
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 31 6:42 AM
      I have had this problem for about a week now. I used Internet
      Explorer to go to the Windows Update page. I have done this a number of
      times in the past with no problem. I was trying to download a non-critical
      update for Windows 98SE and it gets as far as the Review and Install
      Updates after selecting just one. I press the Install Now button and no
      download starts. Sometimes the "button" stays pressed for a moment like it
      is going to do something, and then nothing happens.
      I have even tried to download a file to a folder from the catalogue
      rather than going through a download and install. Neither works.
      I have checked my firewall settings. They seem fine. Just in case, I
      removed IE and Windows Explorer and let Zone Alarm find again.
      Any one have suggestions?

      Brian