RE: AFHS LIBRARY

  • Gordon Lane
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 24, 2004
      Message
      Hi Frank,

      on the main afhs web page in the left hand upper panel you will see a link to Full Calander of Events which will give the opening times for the library

      Regards

      Gordon Lane
      Vice Chair
      AFHS Webster
      Editor Chinook

      Family website
      http://www.rumbolt.com

      Hi Helen, congrats on the 'NEW' library. If there are no stairs to climb I'll drop by & take a look-see...........................if I knew when it was open!

    • ALISON FORTE
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 24, 2004
        Gordon,

        I'm I doing something wrong. I have gone to that page a number of times over the last month and I get an error message. It takes me too http://www.calsnet.net/afhs I get the error message "The page cannot be displayed"

        Thanks Alison

        > on the main afhs web page in the left hand upper panel you will
        > see a link
        > to Full Calander of Events which will give the opening times for
        > the library
        >
        > Regards
        >
        > Gordon Lane
        > Vice Chair
        > AFHS Webster
        > Editor Chinook
        >
        > Alberta Family Histories Society
        > http://www.afhs.ab.ca <" target="l">http://www.afhs.ab.ca/>
        >
        > Family website
        > http://www.rumbolt.com <" target="l">http://www.rumbolt.com/>

        http://www.afhs.ab.ca
      • Gordon Lane
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 24, 2004
          Unfortunately the address is at a different site which provides a free
          calander service. It's free lots of people use it so it can be difficult to
          get through at times.

          Explorer has an option that allows the page to be stored on your computer,
          if you have this set then once you have a bad page it stays in Explorer's
          memory until you force it to actually go to the original page.

          I sometimes have to try numerous times when I need to change info on the
          calander

          Regards

          Gordon Lane
          Vice Chair
          AFHS Webster
          Editor Chinook

          Family website
          http://www.rumbolt.com

        • ANN WILLIAMS
          Message 4 of 7 , May 22, 2005
            the original sender

            The spic and span appearance of the library is the result of the English
            SIG's endeavours on Saturday afternoon. Thanks go to Spencer Field,
            Ishbel Cormack, John & Judith Doyle, Shirley & Greg King, Ken McGuire
            and myself (and also the staff of the North Hill Diner who provided
            refreshments to this grimy workparty)!

            A note for future cleaning parties - take lots of rags, all other
            cleaning material is provided.

            Ann Williams
            ENGLISH SIG CO-ORDINATOR

          • Donna Kirkwood
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 13, 2007
              Good morning,

              FYI
              The AFHS Library is open today (Thursday, Dec 13th) 9am - 3pm; tomorrow (Friday, Dec 14th) 9am - 12 noon; and Saturday, Dec 15th, 12noon - 4pm.

              This Library will be closed  Dec 17th until Jan 3ed, 2008 and reopens Friday, Jan 4th, 9am-12noon.

              Season's Greetings to all

              Donna Kirkwood
              Library Committee Member