Re: AFHS LIBRARY

  • Frank Morrow
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 24, 2004
      Hi Helen, congrats on the 'NEW' library. If there are no stairs to climb I'll drop by & take a look-see...........................if I knew when it was open!

    • Gordon Lane
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 24, 2004
        Message
        Hi Frank,

        on the main afhs web page in the left hand upper panel you will see a link to Full Calander of Events which will give the opening times for the library

        Regards

        Gordon Lane
        Vice Chair
        AFHS Webster
        Editor Chinook

        Family website
        http://www.rumbolt.com

        Hi Helen, congrats on the 'NEW' library. If there are no stairs to climb I'll drop by & take a look-see...........................if I knew when it was open!

      • ALISON FORTE
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 24, 2004
          Gordon,

          I'm I doing something wrong. I have gone to that page a number of times over the last month and I get an error message. It takes me too http://www.calsnet.net/afhs I get the error message "The page cannot be displayed"

          Thanks Alison

          > on the main afhs web page in the left hand upper panel you will
          > see a link
          > to Full Calander of Events which will give the opening times for
          > the library
          >
          > Regards
          >
          > Gordon Lane
          > Vice Chair
          > AFHS Webster
          > Editor Chinook
          >
          > Alberta Family Histories Society
          > http://www.afhs.ab.ca <" target="l">http://www.afhs.ab.ca/>
          >
          > Family website
          > http://www.rumbolt.com <" target="l">http://www.rumbolt.com/>

          http://www.afhs.ab.ca
        • Gordon Lane
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 24, 2004
            Unfortunately the address is at a different site which provides a free
            calander service. It's free lots of people use it so it can be difficult to
            get through at times.

            Explorer has an option that allows the page to be stored on your computer,
            if you have this set then once you have a bad page it stays in Explorer's
            memory until you force it to actually go to the original page.

            I sometimes have to try numerous times when I need to change info on the
            calander

            Regards

            Gordon Lane
            Vice Chair
            AFHS Webster
            Editor Chinook

            Family website
            http://www.rumbolt.com

          • ANN WILLIAMS
            Message 5 of 7 , May 22 10:08 AM
              the original sender

              The spic and span appearance of the library is the result of the English
              SIG's endeavours on Saturday afternoon. Thanks go to Spencer Field,
              Ishbel Cormack, John & Judith Doyle, Shirley & Greg King, Ken McGuire
              and myself (and also the staff of the North Hill Diner who provided
              refreshments to this grimy workparty)!

              A note for future cleaning parties - take lots of rags, all other
              cleaning material is provided.

              Ann Williams
              ENGLISH SIG CO-ORDINATOR

            • Donna Kirkwood
              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 13, 2007
                Good morning,

                FYI
                The AFHS Library is open today (Thursday, Dec 13th) 9am - 3pm; tomorrow (Friday, Dec 14th) 9am - 12 noon; and Saturday, Dec 15th, 12noon - 4pm.

                This Library will be closed  Dec 17th until Jan 3ed, 2008 and reopens Friday, Jan 4th, 9am-12noon.

                Season's Greetings to all

                Donna Kirkwood
                Library Committee Member