AFHS LIBRARY

  • Helen Backhouse
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 23, 2004
      Hello,
      To all those of you who gave of your time and energy to move the library up stairs and to set it all up again thank you so very much it looks great.
      To those of you who have not seen the library at all, I urge you to make a visit. Remember that there is a parking lot right beside the library and I think you can have 2 hours for $1.00, there are no stairs to climb, the washroom is on the same floor as the library, and there are of course, all those great journals and books to look at.
      See you all soon I hope.
      Helen
    • Frank Morrow
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 24, 2004
        Hi Helen, congrats on the 'NEW' library. If there are no stairs to climb I'll drop by & take a look-see...........................if I knew when it was open!

      • Gordon Lane
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 24, 2004
          Message
          Hi Frank,

          on the main afhs web page in the left hand upper panel you will see a link to Full Calander of Events which will give the opening times for the library

          Regards

          Gordon Lane
          Vice Chair
          AFHS Webster
          Editor Chinook

          Family website
          http://www.rumbolt.com

          Hi Helen, congrats on the 'NEW' library. If there are no stairs to climb I'll drop by & take a look-see...........................if I knew when it was open!

        • ALISON FORTE
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 24, 2004
            Gordon,

            I'm I doing something wrong. I have gone to that page a number of times over the last month and I get an error message. It takes me too http://www.calsnet.net/afhs I get the error message "The page cannot be displayed"

            Thanks Alison

            > on the main afhs web page in the left hand upper panel you will
            > see a link
            > to Full Calander of Events which will give the opening times for
            > the library
            >
            > Regards
            >
            > Gordon Lane
            > Vice Chair
            > AFHS Webster
            > Editor Chinook
            >
            > Alberta Family Histories Society
            > http://www.afhs.ab.ca <" target="l">http://www.afhs.ab.ca/>
            >
            > Family website
            > http://www.rumbolt.com <" target="l">http://www.rumbolt.com/>

            http://www.afhs.ab.ca
          • Gordon Lane
            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 24, 2004
              Unfortunately the address is at a different site which provides a free
              calander service. It's free lots of people use it so it can be difficult to
              get through at times.

              Explorer has an option that allows the page to be stored on your computer,
              if you have this set then once you have a bad page it stays in Explorer's
              memory until you force it to actually go to the original page.

              I sometimes have to try numerous times when I need to change info on the
              calander

              Regards

              Gordon Lane
              Vice Chair
              AFHS Webster
              Editor Chinook

              Family website
              http://www.rumbolt.com

            • ANN WILLIAMS
              Message 6 of 7 , May 22 10:08 AM
                the original sender

                The spic and span appearance of the library is the result of the English
                SIG's endeavours on Saturday afternoon. Thanks go to Spencer Field,
                Ishbel Cormack, John & Judith Doyle, Shirley & Greg King, Ken McGuire
                and myself (and also the staff of the North Hill Diner who provided
                refreshments to this grimy workparty)!

                A note for future cleaning parties - take lots of rags, all other
                cleaning material is provided.

                Ann Williams
                ENGLISH SIG CO-ORDINATOR

              • Donna Kirkwood
                Message 7 of 7 , Dec 13, 2007
                  Good morning,

                  FYI
                  The AFHS Library is open today (Thursday, Dec 13th) 9am - 3pm; tomorrow (Friday, Dec 14th) 9am - 12 noon; and Saturday, Dec 15th, 12noon - 4pm.

                  This Library will be closed  Dec 17th until Jan 3ed, 2008 and reopens Friday, Jan 4th, 9am-12noon.

                  Season's Greetings to all

                  Donna Kirkwood
                  Library Committee Member