Volunteer Time

  • George Lake
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 21, 2004
      Hi All:
      As some of you know we have been attempting to document the extent of work
      done by volunteers for AFHS on a regular baisi. We believe this bolsters
      our case when applying for grants. We would like to have as accurate a
      picture as possible for the 2003 - 2004 Annual Report.

      Some volunteers have been completing time sheets on a regular basis and
      Mertie Beatty has been collecting and processing the data. If you have not
      already done so, and have spent time volunteering for AFHS in the period 1
      April 2003 to 31 March 2004, could you please note what you did, when, and
      how much time you spent and send the information to: mertiebeatty@...

      The information doesn't need to be accurate to the nearest minute - to the
      nearest 1/4 hour and the best of your memory is adequate. Gordon Lane will
      be putting timesheet forms up on the website shortly, for your
      convenience. Mertie will need your inputs by April 5.

      Thank you for volunteering and thanks for helping us with the information.

      Geo

      George Lake
      Chairman, Alberta Family Histories Society
      Calgary Canada

      email: chairman@...
      AFHS Website: www.afhs.ab.ca

      my website: www.glake.ca

      http://www.afhs.ab.ca
    • Gordon Lane
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 21, 2004
        The form is at:

        http://www.afhs.ab.ca/society/volunteers/index.html

        Regards

        Gordon Lane
        Vice Chair
        AFHS Webster
        Editor Chinook

        Family website
        http://www.rumbolt.com

      • DONNA KIRKWOOD
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 21, 2004
          Gordon,
          The volunterer form (accessed throught this link) has Mabel Kiessling's
          name at the bottom of the page - should it not be Mertie Beattie's name?

          Donna Kirkwood

          Gordon Lane wrote:

          > The form is at:
          >
          > http://www.afhs.ab.ca/society/volunteers/index.html
          >
          > Regards
          >
          > Gordon Lane
          > Vice Chair
          > AFHS Webster
          > Editor Chinook
          >
          > Alberta Family Histories Society
          > http://www.afhs.ab.ca
          >
          > Family website
          > http://www.rumbolt.com

        • John Doyle
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 22, 2004
            Hi Gordon,

            Why doesn't the form come up for me?

            All I get is a small rectangle in the upmost left corner with a small
            circle, square and triangle within.

            JBD
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 22, 2004
              Gordon, et al

              I kept track of the number of volunteer hours put in by the recorders and
              photographers at Queen's Park last summer. If a total figure is what you
              need for your records I'd be pleased to supply this to you so individuals
              won't have to try and remember hours and days spent on this project.

              Lynda Alderman