KERBY CENTRE SENIORS FALL EXPO

  • william campbell
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 12, 2002
      Hi Folks:
      As part of our AFHS continuing outreach programme into the community we had considered purchasing a table and 'manning' an exhibit for the two day Kerby Centre Expo on Friday Sept 13 and Saturday Sept 14.
      However, the demands of other ventures aimed at 'growing' our Society and in particular promoting FAMILYROOTS 2002 made it impossible to do this year.

      I apologize to those of you who volunteered to staff our display for not communicating this decision earlier.

      However, you will be pleased to know that the Expo will include a seminar on genealogy. We have provided brochures and a poster for FAMILYROOTS 2002 at no cost to our Society and have been asked to discuss with Kerby Centre a family history presentation this Fall.

      Sometimes it's better to be born lucky than smart!

      Cheers

      Bill

      --
      William A. Campbell
      Calgary, Alberta, Canada

    • Marianne Wilkat
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 26, 2002
        Hello William,
        Ellen Kinghorn has been telling me the AFHS has a beginner Genealogy Course they would like to give to seniors.
        Ogden House Seniors is now considering looking at a Genealogy Course to offer to the members (and JQ Public).

        Could/would you please contact Judi Livermore at Ogden House

        ogden House  ogden-house@...

        Judy 279-2003

        to discuss time, length, $$$.

        There are computers available and we would like to suggest Monday or Wednesday afternoons in the new year.

        Thanks for considering offering the course at Ogden House.
        2102 - 69 Ave. SE

        Marianne
        (publicity)