MS Works to Excel database transfer

  • Alan Cassley
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 15, 2004
      Further to my previous query:
      Having failed at finding a transfer mechanism, I loaded MSWorks to gain access to my databases. On a whim I tried copying the  Works dbase and pasting into Excel. It worked!!!!!!
      Now why could I not find a download to do that? Why wouldn't Excel accept the database transfer in the first place??    (These are a hypothetical questions).

      Thanks for your suggestions.
      Alan Cassley
    • Judith Rempel
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 16, 2004
        Rhetorical perhaps?

        Anyway, as long as I've known MS Works it's never been compatible with MS Office products.  Just another barrier that was either creted deliberately or without careful though - by MS.

        BTW - copy/paste doesn't always work -- depends on the versions of both and how complex the cell information is (formulas, formatting).

        In Kinship,
        Judith Rempel
         judith@...