Ontario cemeteries & Obits sites

  • Jo_an Utson
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 14, 2004
      Hello:
      I am copying here a message that was posted on another list I belong to, in
      the hope it will be of interest to some:

      a revamped and user-friendly website called "Gateway to Ontario Cemeteries"
      which can be found at

      http://freepages.history.rootsweb.com/~silentguardians/Index.htm

      This site offers: Cemetery & Volunteer lookups list ( we still need
      volunteers for certain counties);

      Books on Cemeteries ( anything about cemeteries but not transcripts),

      Links to other cemetery sites,

      Maps ( we welcome more);

      Links to sites with photos of cemeteries

      Links of Interest ( that is cemetery related)

      Saving Graves Project

      Two more special links will be shortly added and featured: The Maple Leaf
      Project, and Rose Garden Project

      Cemetery Angels ( this is a special page to acknowledge the volunteers who
      do lookups)

      http://freepages.history.rootsweb.com/\\u126 ~silentguardians/List.htmWe are
      also planning to start another related site for Photos of Cemeteries for
      Ontario, which are not featured on other sites . This site will be for
      people who wish to have a place to send photos of monuments of loved ones.

      The CA-ONT-CEMETERIES-L-rootsweb.com mailing list is working closely with
      CAN-ONT-OBITS-L-Rootsweb.com mailing list. We are also proud to promote "
      Ontario Obits ' which can be found at
      http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~janjones/ . It now features more
      than 45,000 obits' online.

      We hope you will come take a look at our site or might wish to join our
      mailing list.

    • Donna Coulter
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 15, 2004
        Thank you Carol and Jo_an Utson;
        You have just given us my husbands gr great grandfather and mother. Not
        only the land description but their own little private cemetry.
        I had just been given this same address by a friend Carol--who attended
        the Genealogical Computer Special Interest Group last Saturday.
        Many many thanks. Found pictures of other headstones as well
        Donna Coulter Am I excited?????you bet.