RE: Books on Alberta Towns

  • Gordon Lane
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 25, 2004
      The books are early history of the town such as you mention below, the books
      I was looking at were at least 8 * 11 and a good 2 inches or more thick.
      There were even some Calgary City directories.

      Regards

      Gordon Lane
      Vice Chair
      AFHS Webster
      Editor Chinook

      Family website
      http://www.rumbolt.com

      http://www.afhs.ab.ca
    • Judith Rempel
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 25, 2004
        And, Judie Riddell and others have compiled a comprehensive list of local
        history books and their availability in the Calgary area on our website.
        From our homepage, click on "local history" (under the RESEARCH AIDS
        heading), or go directly to:
        http://www.afhs.ab.ca/aids/localhistory/

        Mennonite researchers - I know there are some still "in the closet" - will
        find a good and growing collection at the Mennonite Historical Society
        Library (covering prairie provinces). :-)

        In Kinship,
        Judith Rempel
        judith@...

        and

        queries@...
        Mennonite Historical Society of Alberta
        http://www.mennonites.ca/mhsa/

        http://www.afhs.ab.ca
      • Phyllis Ziajka
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 25, 2004
          Hi List (& Gordon):

          In re-reading my note, I should have said that the books I own are not
          "just" about Coleman, but in fact the whole Crows Nest Pass, and yes Gordon,
          they are at least 8 x 11 and 2" thick. They are a golden-yellow colour,
          perhap the AFHS library has them, or similar ones. If anyone would like me
          to look up a surname and see if its in there I'd be happy to do so.
          Cheers,
          Phyllis Z.