RE: FW: Rea Surname DNA Project

  • Gordon Lane
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 7 1:35 PM
      Just for Judii,

      But really of interest to all

      Mitochondria - mtDNA Tests

      Maternal Match: tests the mtDNA of females and the female lineage of
      males (HVR1). Results are placed in our mtDNA database and when 2 people
      show the same identical polymorphism, we will inform both parties if you
      have both signed the FTDNA Release Form. The customer receives a report
      generally describing mtDNA, the meaning of polymorphism, your
      differences from the Cambridge Reference Sequence and the meaning of
      probability between matches.

      Regards

      Gordon Lane
      Treasurer