Re: Spam pop-ups

  • Mary Arthur
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 18, 2004
      I don't consider something that tells me what it is doing in the same
      way I do something that pretends to be something else or doesn't even
      admit to being there. I don't think its spyware.

      On 18-Feb-04, at 19:49, Bill Boogaart wrote:

      > The Google bar is considered to be spyware as it watches what you do
      > on your PC. Would you trust it to block popup ads?
      >
      > At 05:06 PM 2/17/2004, you wrote:
      >
      > And, you could also d/l the latest Google Bar - that has a popup
      > blocker in
      > it (it can be manually turned off for your selected sites if some
      > require a
      > second/popup screen to work properly)

      Mary Arthur

      Douglas Adams' rules that describe our reactions to technologies:

      1. Anything that is in the world when you're born is normal and
      ordinary and is just a natural part of the way the world works.

      2. Anything that's invented between when you're fifteen and thirty-five
      is new and exciting and revolutionary and you can probably get a career
      in it.

      3. Anything invented after you're thirty-five is against the natural
      order of things.
      The Salmon of Doubt. 2002.