Windows Update

  • Donna Snyder
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 17, 2004
      Hey I did it! I read Brian's solution, but decided to try Bob's first - less
      intimidating. After checking that Zone Alarm was allowing access to things
      it should (it was), I went into Internet Options, Trusted Zone and added:
      https://a248.e.akamai.net/v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/autoupdate/getmanifest.asp
      Then I rebooted and checked Zone Alarm again to make sure no access was
      blocked. Then I tried Windows Update again and it worked. I'm up to date
      now. Thanks guys, between you and the "highwayman forum" on the Internet, it
      got solved. I really appreciate the computer sig tips. Thanks for your time
      and effort.
      Donna Snyder