Re: Naturalized citizen of Canada

  • Keith Maitland
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 15 8:23 PM
      Hi Phyllis,
      If he was an adult male resident of Canada in 1944, he would have been required to complete a National Registration form. A copy may be obtained from Stats Canada for a fee and will tell you the year he came to Canada, as well as a lot of other useful information.

      Keith

      Phyllis Ziajka wrote:

      Hello List:Is there anyone can answer this question for me please: ca, 1920's, how long did an Eastern European immigrant have to live in Canada before being elligible to be a naturalized British Subject??? I ask this because I have not been able to find my father-in-law's arrival in Canada, but I do have the form indcating that he has qualified as a naturalized British subject.... so the answer to the above question might help me determine when he arrived in Canada. Thanks to anyone who answers!Cheers, Phyllis Ziajka