CALGARY AND DISTRICT HERITAGE FAIR

  • William Campbell
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 14, 2004
      Hello again Folks:

      The Alberta Family Histories Society is still commited to participate
      in the subject Heritage Fair. The Fair encompasses students of the
      Calgary area .
      It provides experiences that inspire Canada's youth (grades 4 to 9) to
      celebrate and present their own unique heritage through multi-media
      presentations and exhibits.

      AFHS will provide a book prize as an award to one competition winner.

      The Society has also been asked to nominate several judges for the Fair
      (a 3-hour commitment)
      .
      The date is SATURDAY MAY 8, 2004 and the location - Calgary City Hall
      Atrium.

      For further information you may wish to visit
      http://www.cssd.ab.ca/schools/cdhf

      AFHS will also provide a display for the Fair.

      Mertie Beatty has already kindly consented to serve as a judge. We need
      another two.

      And Heather Jaremko has agreed to staff our display. We need another
      two please.

      This is agreat opportunity to raise the profile of AFHS not only in the
      eyes of the students but wirh parents and teachers as well.

      AFHS members who would like to participate in this very rewarding
      enterprise, either as a judge or to staff our display, please contact
      Bill Campbell at wacampbell@... or phone 254-2293.

      Cheers

      Bill

      --