occupation

  • Mary Arthur
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 6, 2002
      One of the other lists I subscribe to is asking if anyone knows what a
      'Gullinte' does. It is believed to be a job and is still in existence
      and the spelling is correct. If anyone knows please let me know but it
      sounds like a trivia contest to me not real genealogy so don't go to
      any trouble.

      Mary Arthur

    • Helen & John Backhouse
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 7, 2002
        Hi Mary,
        Have a look in the booklets that we have on the AFHS library shelves,
        cleverly titled "occupations".
        Helen

        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 7, 2002
          Perhaps someone is gulling you and it really is the old occupation of
          gulling the gullible!

          If not then I would be interested in knowing because I am nearly ready to
          send my book on old French occupations to the publisher and if this is an
          occupation other than the illegal one I would like to know!

          a bientot,

          Enter Xenia as a search term at http://globalgazette.net/ to find my column
          "Nos Racines Francaises"
          Local book and magazine sales:
          http://www.knowmap.com/age/
          Phone: (403) 295-3490; Fax: (403) 274-0564